Spider 6.3.7 published
Spider 6.3.7 published
Spider 6.3.7 has been released and is available for download. The current Spider 6 Setup is provided at the download area.
- The change of the type of an Asset is now possible both via a special wizard and via the bulk import:
All you have to do is specify the new Asset type. All subsequent bookings are automated. All type parameters are deleted. At the same time, the type of the FunctionUnit of the Asset is also changed.
In order to be able to perform the type change by bulk import, a column with the name "Type change" must be specified in the Excel file. The content of the column is the translated type name.
- A new vulnerability report provides details of devices likely to be affected by the Specter or Meltdown vulnerabilities, allowing an assessment of the vulnerability. Prerequisite for this are the February releases of the software service components (Recognition and SDC). These must first be updated.
- Note: The term "base product" has been replaced by the term "software product" in the user interface and all reports.
- The list of installed Programs for an Asset has been revised.
- New is an implementation for application virtualization via packages. First, Microsoft App-V is supported. (Later versions will also include virtualization solutions of other manufacturers.) App-V Packages and AD Group permissions can be read out via standard connectors and imported via the Recognition module. The synchronized packets, AD Group assignments, and application usage data are displayed in the UI. The assignment of Software to a Package automatically leads to the creation of SoftwareAssignments (remote) to the Assets of the users, which are determined by the AD groups. When calculating the license requirements through the license metric procedures (LMP), it is taken into account that local installations may also be present. Two standard reports are provided for the evaluation of the application usage.
Notes: (1) The prerequisite for reading and importing Microsoft App-V data are the February releases of the software service components (Recognition and SDC). These must first be updated. (2) The (obsolete) SoftwarePacket data object is removed from Spider with version 6.4. Until then, a migration of the SoftwarePacket data to the new Package data object will be possible.
- For the representation of the cloud subscriptions (Microsoft, Adobe) a separate area is introduced in the user interface. It contains an overview of all cloud subscriptions with status information. A detail page shows a comparison of subscribed, used, and available quantities for individual cloud subscriptions. From the average prices of the product the monthly costs are calculated. The assigned accounts can be viewed as a list on the cloud subscription. For each record, it is also determined whether an employee is assigned from the employee master record and whether the account is marked as inactive in the local Active Directory or in the online portal. Another detail page shows the assigned subscriptions with status for individual accounts. For Microsoft Accounts, the service plans that apply to the account are displayed.
- The synchronization process between the Recognition module and Spider Core has been redesigned to better aggregate employee data from multiple import sources.
License Metric Procedures (LMP)
- A new license metric procedure has been introduced for the calculation of standardization products from Microsoft Campus EES contracts. It affects the metrics Academic User and Student User. For enterprise customers, it has no effect or side effects. Universities wishing to get a compliance calculation of their EES contracts should contact our support or consulting teams.
- The license metric procedures have been extended to calculate the Microsoft SQL Server 2017 editions.
- The license metric procedures have been extended to cover the Microsoft Core CAL Suite and the Microsoft Enterprise CAL Suite (user based and device based). The CALs for the individual products contained in the CAL suites do not cause any additional license requirements.
- The license metric procedures have been extended to support the calculation of Microsoft 365 E3, Microsoft 365 E5. The containing products and CALs do not cause additional license requirements.
For the Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Security (EMS) products, the Windows Server CAL was added.
- The license metric procedure "Microsoft Remote Use" has been improved in runtime behavior for very large environments (> 40,000 systems).
Oracle Database Services
- The Oracle Dashboard has been redesigned: The list of License Scopes now shows the license requirement. In addition, the calculated license values are shown if average prices have been stated on the Products. If a license statement can not be made for individual databases due to incomplete scan data, these will be listed in a separate list "Database instances without license scope".
- The Oracle License Scope details page has been revised: The calculated license values are displayed for the products, options or packs detected, provided that the products have average prices.
- The JAVA applet for the drag-and-drop upload expires on 18.03.2018 and therefore had to be replaced.
- Selecting a document template for document generation resulted in a serious exception error in Spider Asset and Spider License.
- When updating to Spider 6.3.6 HF2, a database error could occur if document templates were previously deleted.
- An error prevented the object type from being resolved during the XML import of FunctionUnitRelationships.
- The manufacturer filter did not work in the list of installed programs on a device (asset).
- In the form for assigning Software to Active Directory groups, the "Save" button was not activated in some circumstances due to an error.
- The "Assets with current scan information but inactive status" report returned no results.
- The report "Recognition: Found programs" has been revised: Inactive assets are no longer considered.
- The report "Recognition: Detected files per device" returned no results.
- In the compliance overview for a product, not all business units with license entitlements were displayed in the "License Entitlement" table.
- In the compliance overview for a product, downgrade for roaming was not included in the "License Entitlement" table.
- Under certain circumstances, license metrics were created twice.
- When creating a new License Key by copying the values from an existing an error occurred.
- In the Licence Maintenance Wizard multiple selection did not work.
- If a role was deprived of the right to split Licences, the corresponding button was not functional but still visible.
- When updating a Spider Contract database, an error could occur if additional parameter columns have been defined for the contract table.
- The Total Payments field in the Payment Plan form displayed an incorrect value.
- Due to an error in the synchronization process between the Recognition module and Spider Core, no parameters were transferred to the employee.
License Metric Procedures (LMP)
- The license metric procedure "Microsoft Remote Use" has been adjusted. If a newer version is running on a terminal server (same edition) than is installed on the system, the license requirement of the higher version of the terminal server is output. The local installation does not indicate a license requirement in this case.
- The license metric procedures "Microsoft Server" and "Microsoft Virtualization" have not always cleaned up a generated hint text. This has been corrected.
- For earlier Creative Cloud suites, the Acrobat XI Pro can also be used as part of the suite. This will now be considered in the license metric procedure.
- The same software can be used on assets simultaneously as a local installation and as remote use (e.g. Terminal Server, App-V packages). The automatic calculation of the resulting license requirement has not taken into account all cases. As a result, under certain circumstances, the same software that is remotely used has been counted multiple times. This has been corrected.
Oracle Database Services
- Under certain circumstances, the Oracle License Scope object search did not show any results.
- The search page for Oracle database instances also incorrectly displayed entries with Standard Edition 2 (SE2) when filtered for Standard Edition (SE).